Trust Litigation in Albuquerque
Living trust attorney Benjamin Hancock, P.C. has provided exceptional legal representation to clients involved in trust, estate and probate disputes for 25 years. If you believe your loved one’s wishes are not being honored, help from an experienced probate lawyer can minimize your pain, and help find an effective solution to your problem.
Trust Disputes in New Mexico
Once a trust has been created, several types of disputes may arise. Often this happens once the trust is being administered by the trustee. Someone may contest part of the process and challenge the way assets are being administered or distributed.
Attorney Benjamin Hancock, P.C. often assists clients by:
- Removing executors or trustees in cases of wrongdoing. It's not uncommon for an executor or trustee to fail to do what is legally required, or to engage in mismanagement and malfeasance. As an Albuquerque trust lawyer, Benjamin Hancock, P.C. pursues executors and trustees that engage in wrongdoing, working to help you obtain your rightful inheritance. He works to have any wrongdoing executors and trustees removed and held liable for damages that resulted from their misconduct.
- Compelling accountings from executors and trustees. Another common scenario in probate litigation involves executors and trustees who fail to disclose the extent of the estate, and fail to account for monetary transactions as required by probate law and by trust law. In such cases, attorney Benjamin Hancock, P.C. can compel accountings and ensure that executors and trustees adhere to the standards of care required by trust law.
Understanding Trust Laws
New Mexico is one of the 24 states to have adopted the Uniform Trust Code. As living trusts become more popular, more states are adopting this model law to make trust law more uniform state-by-state, and to provide some uniformity to the creation, administration, and interpretation of trust documents throughout the United States.
New Mexico trust law addresses:
- Creation, validity, modification, and termination of trusts
- Creditor's claims
- Spendthrift and discretionary trusts
- Revocable trusts
- Duties and powers of trustees
- Liabilities of trustees
- Rights of persons dealing with trustees
Retain an Albuquerque Probate Lawyer
When you choose trust lawyer Benjamin Hancock, P.C. to work on your case, you are gaining a personal and legal advocate experienced in litigating trust cases in court. Schedule a consultation with the attorney today! Contact an Albuquerque probate lawyer by calling 505-508-4343 today.