New MexicoPersonal Injury Lawyer
Were you Injured in an Auto Accident?
If you have been injured in an automobile accident as a result of the negligent, criminal, or reckless actions of another, it is imperative that you contact an attorney experienced in the legal area of personal injury claims.
Personal Injury Attorney
Were you Injured in a Slip-&-Fall Accident?
Under the laws of New Mexico, owners and occupiers of land are liable to persons who are injured on the land as a result of a dangerous condition. This body of law is generally termed “premises liability” law. While landowners are not liable for every injury that occurs on their premises, they can liable for injuries result from a dangerous condition on the premises that they knew about. The landowner can avoid liability by correcting the dangerous condition, or by warning persons about it.
The so-called “slip and fall” accident is one of the most common premises liability cases handled by attorneys practicing personal injury law. Property managers have a duty to correct – or at least warn of – potential dangers such as uneven pavement; wet floors; poor lighting; and any other danger that places people at a risk of physical harm.
If you were injured in a slip-and-fall accident, you may be entitled to compensation. To maximize your recovery and premises liability claim, one should always seek the assistance of a competent New Mexico personal injury attorney.
Benjamin Hancock Albuquerque Lawyer Representing
What is Considered a Wrongful Death?
If someone close to you has died due to the negligent, reckless, or intentional behavior of another party, it is crucial that you contact a skilled and compassionate wrongful death attorney as soon as possible to discuss the option of filing a wrongful death claim.
A wrongful death claim is intended to compensate surviving family members for their losses caused by a loved one’s death.
Wrongful Death Laws Allow Juries to Award Compensation for Damages that Include:
- Economic damages, including medical expenses; funeral and burial costs; financial support the victim would have contributed to the family; and lost gifts or benefits the survivors expected to receive had the victim lived.
- Non-economic damages, including the mental anguish and emotional suffering of survivors; and loss of consortium, love, and companionship.
- Punitive damages in certain cases, to punish the conduct of the wrongdoer, and to deter such conduct in the future.
Who May Pursue a Wrongful Death Claim?
New Mexico wrongful death laws only permit individuals with certain relationships to the victim to file a wrongful death claim. The victim’s surviving spouse and children take precedence. If there is no surviving spouse or children, then other claimants such as parents, siblings, or grandparents may pursue wrongful death claims
In Order to Recover Compensation, the Law Office of Benjamin Hancock, P.C. Will:
- Quantify your damages
- Negotiate with claims adjusters
- Analyze your claim and all settlement offers
- Efficiently and effectively prepare demand letters
- Gather statements from witnesses as well as incident reports
- Obtain information about your medical costs and necessary treatment
- Document your injuries and scene of your accident
- File a lawsuit and litigate your case to secure a favorable outcome
To protect your interests following an injury stemming from an auto accident, slip-and-fall, or, in the worst case, a wrongful death, it is vital that you get in touch with a competent personal injury lawyer as soon as possible so as to obtain the compensation you need for medical bills, rehabilitative care, lost wages, or compensation for the loss of a loved one. A personal injury attorney can guide you in successfully navigating the legal system and the complexities of the claims process. Time is of the essence.